All the news, announcements and prizes of the Game Awards 2022
Game Awards – ‘Elden Ring’ has been crowned, to the surprise of absolutely no one (the surprise has been given, in fact, by a spontaneous person who has slipped into the trophy collection), with the GOTY for Best Game of the Year, at a gala that, as usual, it has served as a tremendous showcase for what the industry is going to give in the coming months. Without further ado, because there is a lot to teach, here are all the announcements, trailers and news that we have seen this year.
Let’s start with the winners of the Game Awards of the year
- Game of the Year (GOTY): Elden Ring
- Best Director: Elden Ring
- Best Narrative: God of War Ragnarök
- Best Art Direction: Elden Ring
- Best Score and Music: Bear McCreary for ‘God of War Ragnarök’
- Best Sound Design: God of War Ragnarök
- Best Performance: Christopher Judge for ‘God of War Ragnarök’
- Best Action Game: Bayonetta 3
- Best Fighting Game: MultiVersus
- Best Family Game: Kirby and the Forgotten Land
- Best Simulation/Strategy: Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
- Best Sports/Racing Game: Gran Turismo 7
- Best VR/AR Game: Moss: Book II
- Best Multiplayer Game: Splatoon 3
- Best Mobile Game: Marvel Snap
- Best Indie: Stray
- Best Indie Debut: Stray
- Best Community Support: Final Fantasy XIV
- Impact Games: As Dusk Falls
- Innovation in accessibility: God of War Ragnarök
- Most Anticipated Game: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
- Best Adaptation: Arcane: League of Legends
Also awarded in Game Awards were ‘Valorant’ (best game), Jacob “Yay” Whiteaker (best athlete), LOUD (best team), Matheus “bzkA” Tarasconi (best coach) and 2022 League of Legends World Championship (best event). ), plus Ludwig Ahgren for Best Content Creator
Let’s move on to the ads we’ve seen this year:
Death Stranding 2
Well, this, as it had been leaked a few months ago, was Hideo Kojima’s new project , and not a new installment of ‘Silent Hill’ (we drop dead). Fragile returns (again Léa Seydoux), the axis of the trailer, but also Norman Reedus’ Sam Bridges, much older than in the first installment. And lots of disturbing babies, of course. Kojima has claimed that he completely rewrote this sequel after the ordeal of the global pandemic.
final fantasy 16
Habemus date: June 22, 2023, which from what you can see is going to be the busiest month for AAA releases next year. This new gameplay trailer shows off the combat system, some history, and the latest iteration of Ifrit, and makes clear the franchise’s clear orientation towards action, as has been the case in recent installments.
One of the biggest indie sensations of recent times returns with a video that shows gameplay. There will be early access in 2023 and we are promised control of a dark sorceress and a darker and deeper world. We will have ancient magic to improve weapons and blessings from the Olympian gods to customize our sinister heroine.
Star Wars: Jedi Survivor
More dates: March 17, 2023, for the new adventure of Cal Kostis. This story takes place five years after ‘Fallen Order’, with Kestis becoming a true Jedi. In this adventure, we will explore different planets, each one with its characteristics, biomes, and inhabitants.
Baldur’s Gate 3
August 2023 is the date chosen for the publication of version 1.0 of this game which has already been circulating in Early Access for more than two years. The Forgotten Realms wants to be an absolute immensity worthy of being fully explored and that can be explored alone or accompanied.
Comments are closed.